Your customer base is not only a source of current revenue, but it is the best source for referrals and growth opportunities.
Here are a few best practices to nurture this critical asset:
1. Survey regularly. Make it easy for your customers to provide feedback before they turn to social media to complain.
2. Take action on the feedback. How can you provide more value? What are you doing to recognize employees who provide great service?
3. Capture video case studies. A professionally shot, 30-60 second customer testimonial can transform your brand.
4. Provide ongoing educational resources for your customers. What are the trends in your industry that can benefit them?
5. Develop a customer advisory board to provide strategic guidance and broaden your professional network.